CAA is an international organisation bringing together archaeologists, mathematics and computer scientists. Its aims are to encourage communication between these disciplines, to provide a survey of present work in the field and to stimulate discussion and future progress. Membership is open to anyone on payment of a nominal fee.
The XXXVIII Annual Conference on Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology will be held in the world famous city of Granada, Spain.
Typical CAA topics include:
- agent-based models,
- CIDOC and other digital standards,
- 3D data capture and modeling,
- data management systems and other field applications,
- predictive modeling,
- open source software in archaeology,
- photogrammetry and imaging,
- prospection and remote sensing,
- quantitative methods,
- high precision surveying,
- virtual museums,
- virtual reality.
6-9 april 2010 – Granada, Spain